Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fanboy Corner: Stirling's New Steampunk Video

40K FANBOY CORNER:

Lindsey's new video harks to
the inner Gamer/Geek inside all of us
with Steampunk!

Time to take a brief break from 40K chatter and smell the roses.
Well, if you could smell roses through the ear cavity that is. 

For those of you whom are Lindsey Stirling fans you probably already know about this new video. For the rest of you still living under a rock, give Lindsey a chance and you just might discover an exciting new genre of music that you never before knew existed. So consider this post as sort of a public service message. 

Personally this song is one of my favorites from the new album because it is heavily influenced by Irish jigs (performed by a lively fiddle) which happens to be some of my favorite music. In fact, listening to Irish fiddle on Pandora is how I discovered Lindsey last year (yes, I too was living under a rock). For me, discovering Lindsey's music for the first time was sort of like this cat: 



So check out the new LS video below. Links to follow for related LS music.

Lindsey Stirling: Roundtable Rival


If you liked that video I recommend some of these 
other great songs

Stars Align, Electric Daisy Violin and Master of Tides 

Lindseystomp YouTube.


If you want to hear more LS and explore the music of similar artists then I suggest this awesome Pandora station:
Classical String Fusion


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Huge Lindsey fan. Was so happy I caught her at the 9:30 club last year! Great performance! (really great to see in person if you ever get a chance! She even does costume changes. Great energy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg. Yeah, I figure a majority of gamers & geeks are already fans but I figured if I can just reach those few still in the dark then this post was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete