Tuesday, November 11, 2014

40K EYECANDY: Chaos Army Complete and with Pictures!




40K EYECANDY

CHAOS ARMY COMPLETE


This posting is about a month overdue, the army has been done since a few days before The RedStone Rumble in early October. But better late than never, right?

This is the completion of my Chaos tournament army, I have put pictures of the rest of the army in previous Eyecandy posts. You can find those postings by clicking on the Eyecandy label in the sidebar on the left side of the blog.

Once again, I will give credit where credit is due, Goatboy painted all the HQs and large models. Thank you, Goats, my army got 4th place out of 48 for painting. I am very, very happy with those results. People at my local FLGS better look out because I'm coming to get some best painted army awards! 

For those interested, Goatboy's commission blog is Full of Monkey and I highly recommend his painting service.

Like I said, I couldn't be happier with this army and now since it is finished I can move on to making some fluffy Chaos lists for future South Mississippi Gamers video battle reports. I am also in the process of getting together my Thunderwolf army (yes!). Until my Thuderwolf army is up and functional (some time next year) I will be rocking my Chaos army as my go to tournament list. It is a fun list to play, heck I love assault so why wouldn't I love it? I had to make some concessions in my list to make it more competitive but overall it is still more fun than a barrel of space monkeys, totally my style and win or lose I'm a happy follower of Khorne these days. 

As a 40K player I think I speak for all of us here: nothing feels better that spending a bunch of time and effort on a new army and reaping the hard earned results for much fun to be had well into the future.












Chaos Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaut of Khorne.

Also counts as my Herald of Khorne on a Juggernaut.


























Chaos Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaut of Khorne armed with the Axe of Blind Fury.


















Be'lakor rocking the Khorne colors.


My Be'lakor rocks a fashionable cape because he slays in style.

Maulerfiend #2 with a mohawk.


Maulerfiend #3 with a mohawk.

Nurglings. I colored these guys with washes to make the different colors.

For the tutorial on how to paint these guys,
by hive.zero, check it out here.
Khorne dawgs on the hunt.
For the YouTube tutorial on how to paint these hounds,
by K!ng's Gaming Corner
,
 check it out here.







fin.

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, although it looks very nice, I think its sad when a professionally painted army gets a prize for painting. You've effectively just bought the prize, and it isn't fair on all the normal gamers who painted their own armies. If I had a pro painted army I wouldn't enter it into any painting competition, it is ungentlemanly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unsporting, at any rate. >_>;

      I personally think it'd be less questionable if you give credit (and/or the prizes) to the artist.

      Delete
    2. I suppose ultimately its up to event organisers to exclude professionally painted armies. This army is tricky as it is half and half, but I would be annoyed if beaten in the painting part of a tournament by a pro painted army. Especially when some fluffy tournaments give you victory points for painting standard.

      Delete
    3. All fair criticism. I can recall a commission painted army winning at our FLGS before and the player asked the TO to remove his army from future painting award considerations. I think this is a good precedent to follow in a friendly FLGS environment.

      Delete