Monday, July 21, 2014

SPACE WOLF FLYER: STORMFANG, Yes, it is a Thing.



SPACE WOLF FLYER: STORMFANG

 Yes, it is a Thing.


Woah.

I've said it earlier today and I will say it again here:

" Only the Space Wolves can put some engines and oodles of guns on a flying brick, bling it out Wolf style, and make it look great! "




It's for Reals.
Since this appears to be real and no longer a rumor I have taken the information from the reputable Faeit 212 blog and present here:

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

The Stormfang Gunship has the look of half of a Caestus Assault Ram, and is on the cover of next week's White Dwarf. The previous rumors really list out its abilities well. It comes with a Helfrost Destructor, two twin-linked heavy bolters, two stormstrike missiles and ceramite plating, with power of the machine spirit.

Heavy bolter upgrades to skyhammer missile launcher or two twin linked multi-meltas

stormstrike missiles can be upgraded to a twin linked lascannon.

Helfrost Destructor

Dispersed 24" S6 AP3 Hvy1, Helfrost, Large Blast

Focused 24" S8 AP1, Hvy1, Helfrost, Lance

Stormstrike Missile 72" S8 AP2 hvy1 Concussive one shot only


Well as a Space Wolf player I am stoked. I love the look of it and as I would expect from the Wolves it is an aggressive gunboat teeming with weapons including the new Helfrost Destructor. From rumors (and I guess it still is) is that the Helfrost special rule means that if you take a wound from it you must make a strength check or die! Nice.

I've also seen reports that this thing has options to carry models inside. YES! I've been wanting this for a long time. Since we can't teleport our Terminators into battle I have so been waiting for a way to get them there without having to walk them or land raider them.

The bad side of all this seemingly awesomeness is the fact that the Stormfang costs around 215+ points. Ugh! Well I suppose we will be paying for all that awesome. I was thinking the Wolves would make a sleek, light and aggressive fighter for about 130 - 150 points but it looks like when the Wolves throw in they throw in BIG for flyers. Hah!

Color me excited yet cautious.

YES, PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment